Moving Forward in Faith
Pages on this website may not reflect how individual ministries have been modified or suspended due to COVID-19 safety precautions. Please check back to this page often for the latest updates.
Church and Covid
COVID-19 Vaccination Statement
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention state that “Studies show that COVID-19 vaccines are effective at keeping you from getting COVID-19. Experts also think that getting a COVID-19 vaccine may help keep you from getting seriously ill even if you do get COVID-19.”While the vaccine appears to have great promise, there may also be some medical risks associated with it. Therefore, it is our recommendation that you seek expert guidance from your physician on whether or not the vaccine is right for you.
For the Christian, another consideration does exist: are there any biblical or ethical concerns that might cause me to forgo receiving the vaccine? It is Calvary Fellowship’s position that there are no theological or bioethical concerns that should ultimately prevent a Christ follower from being vaccinated in good conscience.
We do recognize sincere Christians may disagree with our position and that many will choose to be vaccinated or not vaccinated based on their own condition or convictions.
Ultimately, getting vaccinated is a personal decision we encourage you to make with great prayer and with consideration of God, your neighbor, and yourself.
Calvary Fellowship will continue to welcome, love, and serve all people in the name of Jesus regardless of their decision in this matter. We will continue to strive for unity in these polarizing and challenging times.
Learn more about the COVID-19 vaccines here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines
Due to COVID-19 we are unable to meet in person at our normal location of Conard High School in West Hartford. However, we invite you to attend our live service at Hartford Stage Sunday mornings at 9am.
Watch our services and connect with others through our online services at calvaryhartford.online.church on Sunday mornings at 9am or 11am.
- Stay home if you are sick or if you believe you have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Those in high-risk groups and over the age of 65 should stay home and continue to participate in online church.
- Masks are required. If you have a condition where you can’t wear a mask, please participate in the online service.
- Hand sanitizer will be distributed to all entering the facility.
- Attendees should remain 6 feet apart, excluding immediate family members, caretakers, and household members.
- Children should remain with parents and caregivers at all times.
- Please follow the signage. There will be designated foot traffic flow and entry and exit points.
- Employees and those serving will be required to pass a health check upon arrival.
Currently the following ministries are being modified or suspended. If you do not see a particular ministry listed below we invite you to visit the Engage section of our website and contact the ministry directly.
Children’s Sunday morning ministry
Kids are welcome to attend services with you at Hartford Stage. We also have children’s ministry resources available online.
Youth are welcome to attend services with you at Hartford Stage. We also have youth ministry resources available online.
Home Fellowships have moved online with a few groups gathering for study and fellowship outside while practicing social distancing. Please visit our Home Fellowships page to learn more.